I LOVE THIS BOOK. I was a little hesitant about reviewing a book about photography because I just hadn’t found a book that I felt helped ME better my photography of my family. But this book is PHENOMENAL. It was just recently released this past August and it’s one of 3 in a series. The other two books are Your Baby in Pictures and Your Child in Pictures… I plan on purchasing them both at some point!
If you’re a novice photographer and want to improve the photographs of your family, this is the book to get. There are 7 different sections to this book including:
- Setting Yourself Up for Success: This includes finding great light in your home, steps to setting up great photos, ideas to get your family on board, using black and white for those okay photos, and candids.
- Developing a Photographer’s Eye: This includes practicing framing daily moments, unpacking photos, discovering lines, shapes and textures, cues for black and white photography, darkness, and being a storyteller vs. photographer.
- Everyday Life: This is all about finding those ordinary moments and documenting them with great photos!
- Holidays: Capturing great pictures during various holidays.
- Family Portraits: (self explanatory lol)
- Tweens & Teens: Best tips for photographing your older children.
- Family Vacations & Travel: Lots of great tips for different types of vacation photography!
I really can’t say enough about this book, the pictures are fantastic and she gives great tips to capture your family! I still have a long way to go in the world of photography, but I love the tips that I’ve learned from this book. You can purchase this book directly from Random House (you can also see a preview of the inside at that link) or purchase it from Amazon.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review, all statements and recommendations are my own.