Yes… that is Mustard Seed Mommy in high school. I was a band geek! I think I was actually 15 in this pic, but close enough! So today, I’m tackling #4 on my list from the 30 Things My Children Should Know About Me… here we go!
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- Things aren’t always going to be easy, most of the time they’re going to be really hard… but keep pushing forward, because the end result is absolutely breath-taking.
- You will get through your associates degree… it’s going to be hard as heck, but someday you’ll have your degree!
- Learn to sew with your mom, someday you’ll regret never learning!
- Never stop writing, keep pouring out those lyrics and poems.
- Keep your brother close, some day he’s going to face a lot of challenges, keep an eye out for him.
- Motherhood is going to be the most amazing experience of your life, enjoy every moment and every change in your body as you go through pregnancy, breastfeeding and mommyhood!
- Always keep Christ first and foremost in your life, He is the reason you will get through the hard times.
- Some of your high school friends aren’t going to stick around, cherish the ones that DO.
- Save…. save your money… stop spending!
- That quiet, tall, dark and handsome boy you meet your Senior year… yea, he’s the one. He’s going to be the most amazing husband and father to your children you could ever ask for!
Thank you so much for checking out Mustard Seed Mommy - be sure to check out my social media sites at the right side of this site!