You will find that there are MILLIONS of products to choose from when you start your baby registry. I know as a first time mom, seven years ago, I was overwhelmed by all of the options and choices we would need to make for our precious little bundle of joy! Not only are there lots of different types of things you need, but their are different brands, colors, sizes, etc etc. It’s almost too much to comprehend.
Have no fear my friends… this seasoned momma has a list of top ten products you SHOULD put on your registry. These are things I have used (and am still using) for all four of our children and you can find every single one of these over on The Baby Cubby!
- A good quality baby carrier: Ergobaby Original – We use several different types of carriers for our children. You’ll see us using woven wraps, ring slings and soft structured carriers. It all just depends on where we are and what we are doing. The carrier we reach for the most however is the Ergobaby soft structured carrier. You can use this with the smallest member of your family (in our case, Baby Bear, who is currently 7 weeks old) with an infant insert, to the toddler of your family! Bird just outgrew the Ergo, but we were able to use it up until she was 2 years old! You will also find ring slings and stretchy wraps on this particular website, as well as the newer Ergo carriers that allow you to carry facing out (I prefer to not do so, but to each their own!)
- Swaddle Blankets: Aden + Anais Organic Swaddles – These are by far the BEST swaddle blankets you could own. They are the perfect weight and just the right amount of softness to swaddle your baby. Our older kids also used these for the longest time as their naptime blankets. They are also amazing to use in the car for those times you have to have naptime on the go – you don’t have to worry about them getting overheated under these! They have the most adorable prints, I’m really digging that fox print!
- Nursing Cover : Covered Goods Multi-Use Nursing Cover – If you plan to breastfeed, I always recommend this type of cover. No, it’s not necessary to cover, but I know that I feel most comfortable and more modest if I have the ability to cover. These are great because they also work as a scarf, a car seat cover, and even a shopping cart cover. I know that as a mom of four littles, it’s nice to have one product that has multiple uses!
- Reusable Breast Pads : Bamboobies Nursing Pads – I LOVE these breast pads, not only are they super cute, but they are super absorbent and you can just throw them in the wash so you can use them again and again! I never liked the disposable pads because they irritated my skin, so these were the ticket for me!
- Breast Pump : Medela Pump in Style Advanced – If you plan to breastfeed, even if you choose to exclusively nurse, it’s good to have a high quality pump. Whether you intend to go back to work or if you want to have a stash set aside, the Medela brand pumps are the way to go. I don’t use mine as much now, but with Boogie and Bubby I used them a LOT in the beginning to set up a stash as a backup and to help alleviate some of the engorgement I had with my body getting used to producing milk. It hasn’t been a necessity the third and fourth times, but I still use it occasionally after nights of SLEEP (hallelujah!) when my little doesn’t nurse as often as usual.
- Pacifiers/Pacifier Clips : WubbaNub Pacifier Lovey – Alright, so this isn’t something I thought we would ever use. Boogie, Bubby, and Bird… none of them would take a pacifier. I was their pacifier. Sounds like a blast, right? Well, sweet Bear has thankfully been taking a pacifier a little bit better than his siblings. Mainly in the van, which is a lifesaver because none of our babies have enjoyed being in their car seats at this age! These WubbaNub Loveys are FANTASTIC, they can hug those sweet little stuffed loveys while finding comfort in their pacifiers… perfect. Bear has a blue bear in his Easter basket, but this fox is super cute too!
- Burp Cloths : Aden + Anais Burpy Bibs – Burp cloths are a necessity, especially with Bear (he’s a very happy spitter). These however are another product that have more than one use! Those first 6 months of nursing and burping, you can use these as a burp cloth! Then, once your little starts eating solid foods, you can use it as a bib! How cool is that? And even better, these are the same soft material as the swaddlers I listed above.
- High Quality Body Wash/Lotion: Tubby Todd Lavender Gift Set – This is one of my favorite bath and body products to use with my littles. Tubby Todd is made with plant based ingredients and natural extracts, you can rest assured that they will be gentle on your baby’s skin and they smell AMAZING!
- Soft-Soled Shoes: Freshly Picked Moccasins – When your little starts cruising and taking their first steps, having a soft-soled shoe is ideal. This allows their chubby little feet to continue growing and developing, while still having some protection for the soles of their feet. You may have seen my review of Freshly Picked Moccasins here on my blog. We LOVE these, they are high quality and absolutely adorable.
- Baby Utensils : Re-Play Utensil Set – We actually have lots of Re-Play utensils, cups, and plates, but the utensils… they are seriously the best. They are super sturdy, high quality and they are made from recycled milk jugs! Our kids love how colorful they are, we have purchased a variety of colors. These are perfect for the babies learning to use utensils and your older kids. Boogie, at age 6, still uses these!
These are ten of our MUST HAVE products for all of you new parents out there, it’s possible to keep things simple and still have amazing products that will work for your child… especially those that have multiple functions and long term uses!
This post was sponsored by The Baby Cubby, however all statements and opinions are my own and I truly do recommend every product in this post!